|To apply for title, the following items are required: |
- One of the following proof of ownership documents:
- Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin
- Title Certificate (Florida or out-of-state)
- Bill of Sale (must include the year, make and vehicle identification number)
- Affidavit of ownership if purchased prior to July 1, 2002 (must include the year, make and vehicle identification number)
- Form 82040 - Application for Title, properly completed by applicant.
- Lien satisfaction (if applicable)
- Payment of sales tax. Proof of payment of sales tax is not required for off-highway vehicles purchased prior to July 1, 2002.
- Title fee
|When an original or replacement title validation decal for an off-highway vehicle is needed (title was issued previously), the following documentation is required:|
- Form HSMV 82054 - Application for Original or Replacement Title Validation Decal for an Off-Highway Vehicle.
- Title Validation Decal fee
|NOTE: Effective September 1, 2009, most motor vehicle and driver license fees increased significantly. These fee increases were passed by the Florida Legislature and approved by the Governor to help balance the state budget. None of the additional money will stay with Pasco County Government or the Tax Collector's Office. For a list of the new fees visit Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles' website at: www.flhsmv.gov.|
|NOTE: Off-highway vehicles will NOT be issued a license plate or registration decal; however a title validation decal will be issued. |
| Download Affidavit
| Download Form 82040 (Application for Florida Title) |
| Download Form 82054 (Application for Original or Replacement Title Validation Decal for an |
| Off-Highway Vehicle) |
|Download forms are available in pdf format, which must be viewed using Adobe Acrobat Reader.This software is available free through the Adobe web site. |