Transfer a Florida Learner's License to a Florida Driver License (Road Test)
PLEASE NOTE: For the month of MAY, we will be accepting Road Test appointments for PASCO COUNTY RESIDENTS ONLY.
The following is required to transfer a Florida Learner's License to a Florida Driver License:
- You must be at least 16 years old and have held a Learner's License for at least one year without any traffic convictions.
- Provide a Florida Learner's License.
- If 17 years of age or younger, Certification of Driving Experience either signed and notarized in advance, or signed in the presence of our examiner, certifying that the applicant has had a minimum of 50 hours of behind-the-wheel driving experience, 10 hours of which was night driving.
- Per Florida Statute 322.56(3) a customer who takes and passes the Class E Knowledge or Skills Exam through an authorized Third-Party Administrator may be randomly selected for a mandatory re-test without prior notice. A failed re-test will require a re-exam fee be collected at the next exam attempt.
- Driving test: Click below to schedule an appointment. Must arrive no later than 15 minutes from scheduled appointment time. All Driving tests will be administered in English. The individual taking the driving road exam may bring an interpreter to assist in administering the driving test, however the final decision to use that interpreter or not, is reserved to the driving tester performing the exam. The driving tester/examiner's decision about your performance is final in all cases. If an extended driving test is required, you will need to schedule your appointment in two time slots back to back.
- Driving tests will NOT be given if the inspection of the driving test vehicle finds:
- The horn, rearview mirror, directional signals on trucks, steering wheel, footbrake, tires, brake lights, or taillights are defective or inoperable.
- No windshield wipers on the driver’s side of the vehicle when raining.
- No operable headlights when visibility is reduced to 1,000’ or less due to rain, fog, smoke or other dangers.
- Glass hinders visibility.
- The vehicle is not equipped with doors. Front doors do not open from the inside and outside.
- Vehicle does not have stationary seats.
- Vehicle does not permit the driver to give proper hand signals due to a blocked or inoperative window when hand signals are required.
- Jeep type vehicles without framed canvas or metal doors held by hinges and door latch. The doors must be secured to contain the driver/passenger if they are thrown against the door.
- Vehicle does not meet the bumper height requirements outlined in section 316.251, Florida Statutes.
- Vehicle is a low speed vehicle.
- No valid license plate, decal, registration or proof of insurance.
- Tires that are bald, excessively worn or cord showing.
- Vehicle air conditioning inoperable & windows inoperable to allow for fresh air during testing.
- Any reasonable circumstance making the vehicle unfit for test i.e. cleanliness, disrepair, etc.
- Any change in address or name will require additional documentation.
Upon arrival please park in the designated spot with orange parking cones near our covered area. Remain in your vehicle. Our Road Tester will come to you. You will need to have the following documents with you and ready to provide to tester upon arrival:
- Valid vehicle registration and current Florida insurance
- Have already read the Driving Skill Road Test Checklist
- Hold Harmless Agreement signed by parent or legal guardian
- Completed Certification of Driving Experience
- Working air conditioning. Road test will be conducted with the windows down.
- Agree to have the applicant's temperature taken by tester
- Face mask
If any documents are missing or incorrect, we will be unable to administer the test and you will need to reschedule at a later date.
Please click the appointment link below to reserve your time.
Please Arrive on Time
Appointments will not be honored for individuals arriving 15 minutes or more late. Please do not park in the designated area more than 10 minutes prior to your appointment as the spot will be in use with other applicants testing.