- Out-of-State Title Certificate, in your name or properly assigned to you.
- If your vehicle is financed, your current registration, the complete
lienholder information, including account number, lienholder name and mailing address.
- Vehicle Identification / Odometer Verification Form. Vehicle must be
present for identification number and odometer inspection by any Tax
Collector's office, weather permitting. Inspection may also be performed by
a law enforcement officer from any state, a Florida notary, a Florida DMV
Compliance Examiner/Inspector, or a Florida licensed car dealer. The forms
are available at any Tax Collector office.
Note: All used vehicles coming into Florida from a foreign country must have
the vehicle identification number/odometer reading verified by a Florida DMV
Compliance Examiner/Inspector prior to being titled, including dealer
transactions. Three U.S. Customs forms are required prior to inspection -
Customs form 7501, DOT form HS-7, and EPA form 3520-1. Contact your local
customs office for more information. This does not include vehicles from
American Samoa, Virgin Islands, Guam or Puerto Rico.
- Each applicant must be present to sign the application, or a properly
completed Motor Vehicle Power of Attorney may be furnished. Personal identification, such as a driver's license, is required for notarization of signatures.
If applicant does not hold a Florida Driver License or Identification Card, a photocopy of their out of state license or United States passport is required.
- If purchasing a license plate, Florida Property Damage, and Personal
Injury Protection insurance. Your Florida licensed insurance company name and policy number are required.
- If transferring a license plate, current registration or decal number is required.
- Sales tax may be applicable.